Open position at Loop Medical
Share this opportunity
Loop Medical | Research And Development Manager open position
Loop Medical, a Lausanne-based startup, focusing on developing develop an easy and painless blood collection technology making it accessible to all, is looking for a motivated and hands-on R&D Project Manager to join the team. The person will work with other team members in a dynamic startup environment. You will be responsible for product development from concept to commercialisation.
- Lead product development efforts utilising a multitude of processes and tools and leverage product and process development knowledge to develop and commercialise business priorities
- Improve product development cycles and quality, develop and guide technical design/methodologies to achieve product goals
- Leadership on various types of initiatives (idea generation, prototype and concept development, commercialisation) and possess the ability to prioritise between a variety of business initiatives
- Manage and lead multiple technically complex projects: create technical plans, timelines, risk assessments, and mitigation plans; identify opportunities by challenging assumptions
- Contribute as an active team member by identifying technology and product synergies for scalable opportunities
- Champion medical device safety and product quality from product design through production
- Write and review technical specifications
- Engage with suppliers and external manufacturing locations to advance priorities, often requiring coordination between organisations
- Assist manufacturing with initial product launch and continuous part manufacturing improvements
- Participate in technical and design reviews
- Accountable for timely delivery, technical excellence and process effectiveness of product development activities while ensuring the implementation and rigour of Loop Medical product development processes and design control procedures
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (Mechanical, Biomedical, Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent)
- Proven experience working in a structured product development process, including Design Control and Process Validation
- Related work experience in medical device development with an emphasis on high volume disposable devices, or the like.
- Proven track record of executing complex system designs incorporating mechanical subsystems, preferably in the medical device field
- Project management: has experience and knowledge of product development, and the ability to lead product development project team
- Strong mechanical aptitude and engineering fundamentals and working knowledge of CAD modelling and drafting (i.e. Solidworks, Creo)
- Customer Orientation. Demonstrate a deep understanding of customer needs and key objectives
- Technical skills and deep understanding of functional product development processes and innovation processes within an ISO13485 or – CRF820 part 21 compliant environment
- Experience with plastic design and injection moulding preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, German/French is a plus.
Starting date | As soon as possible
Location | Lausanne, Switzerland