We are hiring a communication and event manager
Share this opportunity
To fulfil its mandate, the BioAlps Association is seeking to support its Secretary General, and is looking for a Communication and Event Manager
- Planning and managing promotional activities in collaboration with the Secretary General.
- Organising and following up on communications and event planning.
- Representing the Association during events held in Switzerland (conferences, trade fairs, workshops).
Communication and Marketing
- Active support for the implementation of the communications strategy and development of digital tools.
- Development and updating of the website. Implementation of digital strategy (newsletters, social networks).
- Creation of graphic and video content (activity reports, posters, digital and printed visuals).
- Supporting and developing media relations, in coordination with the Secretary General.
- Seeking support for BioAlps events, in coordination with the Secretary General.
- Active support in the operational monitoring of coordination activities within the framework of partnerships and synergy activities with other organisations supported by the Western Switzerland Innovation Network Association (ARI-SO).
- Preparation, organisation and follow-up of Committee and General Assembly meetings.
- Taking minutes of monthly meetings, Committee meetings (5 per year) and the General Assembly.
- Managing the administrative side of the secretariat and communication with the Executive Committee.
- University degree or equivalent, preferably specialising in communications and digital marketing and/or project management.
- Good communication skills and familiarity with communication tools (WordPress, MailChimp) and social networking platforms X and Twitter.
- Good writing skills
- Graphic design skills (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Canva)
- Video content creation skills an asset
- Good project management skills
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of the life sciences environment an asset
- Empathy, availability and a positive attitude
- Excellent analytical and listening skills.
- Perfect command of French and English essential. German an asset.
Desired start date: 15 January 2024
Sending of the files to the attention of Mrs. Magali Bischof
Campus Biotech Innovation Park, Avenue de Sécheron 15 | 1202 Geneva
MENTION in the subject line of the email: “Communication & Event Manager”
⚠️Only complete applications will be considered (CV, cover letter, letter(s) of recommendation).
Founded in 2003, BioAlps Association empowers the Swiss Health Valley and represents Western Switzerland Life Sciences ecosystem (medtech, biotech, pharma, digital health, nutrition, cosmetics, etc.).
The organisation is supported by the cantons of Bern, Fribourg, Vaud, Neuchâtel, Geneva, Valais and Jura, by the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) and by 15 academic institutions in the region. Through the organisation and support of numerous events in Switzerland and internationally, as well as through regular publications, BioAlps offers opportunities for synergies within the life sciences community to representatives of academia, industry, finance, politics and media.