BioAlps Networking Day 2019
Share this event
BioAlps Networking Day: “Health and technology in the Health Valley, the impact on tomorrow’s healthcare jobs”
The event will take place on Tuesday 29 October 2019 at the Théâtre du Crochetan in Monthey (VS)
BioAlps’ annual event is the perfect occasion to meet your futur partners, clients and investors. The Association also takes advantage of this opportunity to award the yearly BioAlps prize. This distinction aims to recognize an academic representative and an industrial actor, who have contributed through their activities to the development of life sciences in western Switzerland.
This year, as well as gaining access to high-level talks, you will be able to discover our Inno2 where four startups will demonstrate how they are shaping the future of healthcare. A space will also be dedicated to the academic institutions of western Switzerland, creating the perfect occasion to identify the relevant educational path to meet the requirements of tomorrow’s job market.
The event’s official language is French.
This year we present to you the first INNO2 @ the BioALps Networking Day. The perfect opportunity to meet top entrepreneurs from western Switzerland. The cross-sectoral startups Deep Cube, Neurix, Embion Technologies and Positive Coating combine life sciences with technologies from ICT, cleantech and micro- and nanotechnologies. Our regional partners Alp ICT, Cleantech Alps and Micronarc will also be represented at the event. Do not miss out on the opportunity to Ne manquez pas l’occasion d’échanger avec ces innovateurs clés de la Health Valley.
You are searching for the relevant curriculum which will support you in reaching your life sciences career objectives? You are looking for qualified staff from specialized academic backgrounds? Come and visit our space dedicated to our academic institutions from western Switzerland.
The BioAlps Networking Day 2019 will be moderated by Mrs Marie-Thérèse Bonadonna, Cheffe adjointe du Service neuchâtelois de la culture.
12h30 – 13h30 Welcome
13h30 – 13h45 Welcome Address
- Mr. Claude Clément – President – BioAlps
- Mr. Christophe Darbellay – State Consellor – Canton of Valais
13h45 – 14h45 Session 1 : Journey through the futur of jobs in healthcare
- Dr. Stéphane Pagès – Staff Scientist and Senior Research Associate – Wyss Center (Lightsheet Microscopy Project – Live Demo)
- Prof. Jocelyne Majo – Associate Professor – HEIG-VD
- Mr. Aurélien Fauquex – CEO – Lambda Health Systems
- Mrs. Sabrina Cohen-Dunami – President – Fondation Nomads
14h45 – 14h55 Break
14h55 – 15h55 Session 2 : Digitalisation challenges and their impact on tomorrow’s healthcare jobs
- Prof. Dr. Dominique Truchot-Cardot – Ordinary Professor and Vice-Dean of Innovation – Institut et Haute École de la Santé La Source – HES-SO
- Prof. Carlos Andrès Peña – Team leader of Computational Intelligence for Computational Biology (CI4CB) and Professor – HEIG-VD
- Prof. Dr. Antoine Geissbühler – Professor at the Medical Faculty and Head of the Innovation Centre – UNIGE / HUG
- Prof. Marcel Salathé – Director of the EPFL Extension School – EPFL
- Dr. Jérôme Wojcik – SVP, Translational Informatics and Biometrics Europe – Precision for Medicine SA and Chairman – Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics
15h55 – 16h35 Coffee break : Networking and partner stand tour
16h35 – 17h40 Session 3 : Education and the role of key industrial partners, career guidance, education and employment integration professionals, publics authorities, universities and scientific institutions
- Mr. Renzo Cicillini – Site Head Visp – Lonza AG
- Mrs. Catherine Kuhn – Head HR Neuchâtel Plant – Takeda
- Dr. Philippe Fischer – Director – FSRM
- Prof. Dr. Nouria Hernandez – Rector – UNIL
17h40 – 18h00 BioAlps Awards 2019
18h00 – 19h30 Cocktail Reception : Networking and partner stand tour