Innovators and Investors Connect
Share this article
On 2 May 2023, BioAlps and Intuitive Surgical co-organised an Innovators and Investors Connect event. Our association scouted projects in which Intuitive Ventures might have an interest to invest.
For this event, 10 start-ups were selected. 5 of them pitched their projects in front of an audience composed of investors, as well as innovation enablers. After a networking lunch, they had the opportunity to meet with Intuitive Ventures and several other investors. Participants were also invited to test da Vinci, Intuitive’s robotic-assisted surgical system that has been revolutionizing the minimally invasive surgical approach and opening up new possibilities in the operating room.
- Aleva Neurotherapeutics SA started as a spin-off of the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), with the objective of improving the existing Deep Brain Stimulation treatment for patients suffering from Neurological Disorders. The company uses MEMS (Micro-ElectroMechanical System) technology to neuromodulation and developed the directSTIM™ composed of 12 electrodes specifically designed for the brain.
- Arga Medtech SA is developing the next-generation non-thermal cardiac ablation system. Its unique Pulsed Field Ablation (PFA) power generator offers unmatched flexibility when used with its proprietary catheter. A game-changer for patients suffering from Atrial Fibrillation (AF), a condition that affects 33million people worldwide.
- EarlySight aims to reduce vision loss by enabling precise detection and better monitoring of eye diseases. The company develops high-performance eye imaging instruments empowering doctors to see disease impacts that are invisible with the standard of care.
- Impli (VD) wants to make fertility treatment more accessible, safer and more successful with real-time hormone monitoring and develops a subcunateous teal-time hormone monitoring device.
- Lymphatica Medtech SA (VD) – The medtech company created LYMPHODRAIN™, the first permanent active implant for lymphedema therapy. It allows for continuous lymph drainage in the subcutaneous tissue thanks to a revolutionary micro-pump/catheter system implanted subcutaneously.
- MultiwavesTechnologies (GE) develops an ultraportable MRI device that will transform how diagnostic care is administered. More importantly, we aim to serve more than 2/3 of the global population that doesn’t have access to an MRI scanner.
- ND Biosciences develops next-generation therapeutics and diagnostics for neurodegenerative diseases (NDs), such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s Disease. ND Biosciences has developed unique technologies that allow for the first time reproducing the biochemical, structural, and functional properties of pathological protein aggregates observed in NDs.
- Neurosoft Bioelectronics SA (GE) – The SOFT ECoG is the most compliant and flexible subdural electrode technology in the world. It can be used to record from and stimulate the surface of the brain with no added risk to the patient thanks to its conformability and softness. The devices can be used for a wide range of sub-chronic applications such as the precise identification of epileptogenic brain tissue in drug-resistant epilepsy patients. It will be available for a wide range of devices.
- Samantree develops the Histolog® Scanner which changes the game by bringing cancer cells to the fingertips of clinicians. It is a confocal microscopy device intended for imaging the surface of excised human tissue specimens to visualize morphological microstructures.
- Vanarix created Cartibeads™, which are the first high-quality hyaline cartilage microtissues resembling native articular cartilage. This innovative product aims to regenerate cartilage damage and targets focal lesions and early osteoarthritis.
BioAlps is thrilled by Intuitive’s initiative to not only support the region’s life sciences ecosystem, but also to build a community of investors. This pioneering spirit and willingness to collaborate with all players in the region will undoubtably strengthen the Swiss Health Valley.
BioAlps would like to thank all participants, but especially Jean-Yves Raimon, VP International & EU HQ Lead at Intuitive, Sylvain Gioux, Director of Imaging Research at Intuitive, and Charlotte Campiche, Manager Workplace Services & Executive Assistant at Intuitive. And Pascal Marmier, Secretary General Economy of Trust foundation (SICPA) who has been a great Master of Ceremony. Were also there, Biopôle, FIT, FONGIT, Venturelab, Lunaphore, FlyWheel, and many investors.
⚠️ If you are interested in organising an Investors and Innovators Connect, email us at email@example.com.